Thesis, PAE, and SYPA Research Grants (for GSD and HKS Students)

Our Thesis, PAE, and SYPA Research Grants provide up to $1,000 in funding to help offset research-related expenses for GSD students writing or preparing a master’s thesis and HKS students writing or preparing a Policy Analysis Exercise (PAE) or Second Year Policy Analysis (SYPA) on a topic related to housing or community development. (Due to university-wide restrictions on travel, the Center cannot currently provide funding for travel.) 

How to Apply

Students must submit the following: 

  • A cover letter
  • A copy of their thesis proposal, PAE prospectus, or SYPA project description, as well as their advisor’s contact information
  • A resume or CV
  • A transcript or description of relevant coursework
  • An itemized budget for the proposed work (the budget cannot include any travel-related expenses).

GSD students should apply directly via Harvard’s CARAT system

HKS students should apply via the school’s Winter Funding Common Application

Applications should be submitted between October 19-27, 2020.

Funding decisions will be announced by November 20, 2020.

For more information, contact [email protected].