Center Assistant (Staff Assistant III)
Performs a variety of complex administrative and financial support duties to coordinate the activities and procedures of the Joint Center for Housing Studies. Assists in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the Center. This role provides a great opportunity to build skills across a wide spectrum of the Center’s administration.
- Processes A/P and A/R transactions including B2P invoicing, vendor requests, Concur report processing, P-Card transaction review, prepares invoicing for gift contributions from 100+ donors, prepares/processes credit vouchers and gift deposits to A/R and the ADS. Reconciles transactions to the general ledger.
- Processes paperwork for temporary and student employees. Submits temporary and student time in PeopleSoft. Runs temporary and student payroll registers and reconciles these prior to the weekly payroll close
- Maintains electronic financial office files of record for the Center including invoicing, gift records, contracts, and student fellowship and grant paperwork
- Reviews and reconciles event registration transactions from TouchNet to general ledger
- Assists with year-end financial close
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on university financial policies and advises staff on numerous university policies including travel, corporate card and p-card
- Fields questions regarding payment and tax related questions with donors, vendors and payees
- Assists with general management of the Center office including handling maintenance request to the landlord, ordering supplies, managing space reservations for the office conference room/other spaces, and other tasks as needed
- Responsible for the reception desk of the Center and fielding questions in the Center’s general email account
- Assists with on-site events as needed
- May oversee work of student or temporary employees
- May assist in reviewing hotel and event related contract
- Business training beyond high school or college background preferred;
- Three or more years of related experience;
- Strong communication skills required;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Harvard financial systems experience a plus
- Knowledge of database programs a plus
To apply, please visit the Harvard Careers Website.